Bay Area Taiwanese American Community Scholarship 2017
Taiwanese American Professionals, San Francisco Chapter (TAP-SF)
Taiwanese American Citizens League (TACL)
Started in 2012 by Taiwanese American Professionals – SF Chapter (TAP-SF) and supported by TAP’s parent organization, Taiwanese American Citizens League (TACL), the annual Bay Area Taiwanese American Community Scholarship recognizes outstanding SF Bay Area high school and college students who demonstrate leadership potential and involvement in the Taiwanese American community. The scholarship supports and enables outstanding student leaders to continue their community impact while pursuing their higher education.
TAP-SF Scholarship Information
Recipients of this scholarship will be recognized with a $500 college scholarship at the annual Taiwanese American Cultural Festival on Saturday, May 13th, 2017
- Be a Bay Area resident
- Support and be significantly involved in the Taiwanese American community
- Be a current high school senior or college undergraduate student
- Demonstrate significant involvement in the Taiwanese American community (i.e. leadership role) and a desire to continue their involvement
- Submit a complete application, including portions to be submitted online/via emaill (by 11:59 PM on Monday, April 24, 2017)
Selected recipient must be present at the Taiwanese American Cultural Festival to be held on Saturday, May 13, 2017 at Union Square in San Francisco to receive their scholarship.
A complete application includes:
To be submitted online by 11:59PM PST on Monday, April 24, 2017:
- 1 application form, including contact information, relevant community involvement, leadership activities, and/or work experience
- 2 short essays
To be submitted by via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM PST on Monday, April 24, 2017::
- 1 letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, mentor, or supervisor
- 1 unofficial high school transcript
2017 Bay Area Taiwanese American Community Scholarship Application
Our scholarship application is now available!
- The online portion of the applications for the 2017 Bay Area Taiwanese American Community Scholarship will be open until 11:59 PM PST on Monday, April 24th, 2017.
- The email portion of the applications for the 2017 Bay Area Taiwanese American Community Scholarship must be received by 11:59PM PST on Monday, April 24th, 2017.
- Results will be emailed to all applicants by 11:59PM PST on Sunday, April 30th, 2017.
- Applicant information collected will not be used for any purpose other than scholarship evaluation without explicit permission from the applicant.
- Permission to use the information for scholarship application and qualification is given implicitly with the submission of scholarship application.
- Applicants will not be automatically enrolled to receive extraneous emails and/or solicitations of any sort. If the applicant does not wish to receive further communication after application, please specify so.
- All emails going to applicants will have an option to remove their email address from any application lists if the applicant so wishes.